Buy 3 Get 1 Free & Buy 2 Get 2 Free 'promotion': Get educated.
The Get One Free Promo is a very widely used marketing strategy used within the tire industry.
The Get One Free Promo is a very popular psychological pricing strategy used within the tire industry (by retailers & manufacturers) to attract consumers into the their store(s) and appear as though they are getting a better deal versus a competitors tire & price.
- It can be a good deal OR
- May not be a good fit for your needs.
Let's go over the two scenarios.
IMPORTANT: The ‘Buy X Tires Get X Tires Free promo has guidelines and restrictions that apply to qualify for the advertised promotion.
Prerequisites or 'the catch':
These prerequisites are implemented to cover the cost the free offer.
- Always applies to select tire products only. (You cannot simply choose any tire you wish)
- Generally mandatory to purchase *premium install packages".
- This can include: road hazard coverage, lifetime balancing, valve stems, nitrogen and
Having said this, the Buy X Tires Get X Tires Free promo is not to be initially looked at as a rip off or a misleading deal if the above is understood AND you do not buy something that does not fit your needs. Keeping in mind, you are not simply getting a FREE tire. It is guaranteed that you will be paying for that tire in some form or fashion.
It's good if :
- The prerequisite services meet your needs &
- The tires in which the deal applies to meet your needs.
If not : Do not 'make' the tire and deal fit because you think you are getting a free tire. That is when the promotion is misleading and scammy. There are too many other tire options (probably a better one for that matter). Jump into Tire Sniffer and find it.
Be aware of the locations who do not make it mandatory to purchase the extras (prerequisites) as there is a chance those tires may be:
- Marked up in price to offset the price of the free tires. Or,
- The install may be priced higher than normal to cover the cost of what they are giving away – the free tire(s).